Who can use the meeting room space at the library?
The Sullivan Room, constructed in 1988 and donated by Robert Sullivan in honor of his father, Willis G. Sullivan, is available as meeting space for community organizations. Contact the librarian to view the meeting room policy or to schedule use of the room.
Community Room / Sullivan Room Policy
Frank B. Koller Memorial Library
The Community and Sullivan Rooms at the Frank B. Koller Memorial Library are available for meeting of non-profit organizations or groups providing services as follows:
- Community Service
The following rules apply:
- We reserve the room, but will not accept RSVPs of your group.
- These groups are from or will benefit the Town of Manitowish Waters.
- Maximum capacity in Community Room is 10.
- The Community Room cannot be closed during a meeting, it must be open for public use during library hours..
- Maximum capacity in the Sullivan Room is 20.
- Facilities are available for serving light refreshments, but no alcoholic beverages may be served.
- Smoking is not allowed in the building.
- No parties permitted, such as birthdays or weddings.
- The room must be left in the condition in which it is found.
- Arrangements for use of the room may be made by scheduling with the library staff. A two week notice is preferred.
- The meeting time should be made during library hours or during work hours of a staff member, as keys to gain access to the library cannot be distributed.
- There is no charge for use of the community room, although donations are greatly appreciated to help defray expenses of extra electricity and heat.
- Audio Visual equipment is available upon advance request. A fee of $2.00 will be assessed for use of such equipment to cover maintenance and replacement costs.
- Large groups are asked to park at the Community Center when possible.
- The Sullivan Room may be closed during winter months in order to reduce heating costs.
These regulations may be amended to meet the needs of the community.
Adopted by the Library Board: August 24, 1987
Revised: 1991, 1996, and February 26, 2004, January 30, 2008